Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Welcome

Hello and welcome to my first attempt to blog. As such I have decided to share my love of quilting, the quilts I am making, and the joys and frustrations along the way.

The first up (but not my first):


Grandmas Quilt  

A quilt made for my husbands grandmother when she broke her leg last year. 


My hubby helped with thread changes and his mother helped piecing The project was done in just under 2 weeks, running long days so Grandma could have it in the hospital.



 Blocks being machine appliqued



To save fabric I outlined the blocks and appliqued them before they were cut.


Easy (Cheating) Quilting


To save even more time I used a running stitch pattern on the embroidery machine to quilt it.



Best of all:
                     Grandma loves it. She shows it to everyone and displays it over the back of her couch....when she is not using it.


One lesson learned from this was not to push too hard to finish a quilt. I stressed myself out so bad trying finish in a week so it could be sent to grandma with my mother in law, who was going to visit grandma in the hospital, on their (my hubby's mom and dad) way home from visiting us for thanksgiving  '14.

I
More Later, Quilt Now!
Hugs and Love

                 C.E, Swagg

No comments:

Post a Comment